3 Kg. pack! - Total Kit consists of 2 parts. 2 Kgs. of Casting Resin Part A and 1 Kg. of Hardener Part B
BEST VALUE RESIN AVAILABLE !!!
This 'Bubble Free' Clear Epoxy Resin is a 'top of the line' clear superior performance epoxy system that can be used for so many applications including: —Casting, Jewellery, Timber work, Pen Blanks, Boat repairs, Floor and Bench Top coating— A truly quality multi purpose resin that contains no solvents!
Just look at some of the applications below and you will find that this is the ONE resin for so many applications.:
* Boat manufacture and Fibreglass repairs - it has great strength, good cures times, fast wet out of Fibreglass and other composite reinforcements and can be even be applied over most other brands of cured epoxies. When modified with fillers such as wood powder or Colloidal Silica the resin can be used as a filling and fairing compound with outstanding results. These resins can also be used with most types of fibreglass (if using Chopped Strand Mat, you will need a special type for Epoxy Resin which is available from us), carbon fibre or kevlar, as well as used over urethane foams and other sandwich core materials.
* can be used for gloss coating of timber furniture or bench tops and casting items into furniture - The resin has great durability and can be resurfaced should it be damaged in any way. It has a bloom free finish.
* Great for the hobbyist when making Jewelry or items that require a clear resin that possesses Superior durability.
* ARTWORK - absolutely ideal for this type of work
* Timber Work: This is probably the most perfect resin for this sector of the market (and something the market has been waiting for so long as no other one resin system can be used in 1000's of applications. For making Pen Blanks? This resin will cast bubble free without a vacuum tank. It can cast from 1 mm thick right thru to 40 mm thick maximum - so one can even use it for River Tables! Making this one resin so versatile for the whole range of projects. You can use it as a coating resin. One 'Bubble Free' resin for all Timber Work projects. We should have named it 'Timber Work' resin but, because its application is so wide, then 'Bubble Free' is its name, and brought to you by Platinum brand Premium Epoxies.
* 'Bubble Free' Clear Epoxy Resin is ideal for floor coating applications as it is an extremely durable and tough product offering a high gloss finish with minimal coats. It has UV resistance added to this specially formulated resin.
Coverage depends on temperature (Epoxy resins before mixing act a little like honey - in that in summer, they are very runny while in winter they are very stiff) and so coverage can vary up from 250 grams per square meter per coat.
Clean all brushes, rollers and fibreglass tools with Acetone or MEK. Fibreglass Cloth and other materials are all available separately from our store. As with all epoxies, it is always good practice to use protective gloves , and eye glasses (just in case you splash resin in your eye - Just flush with water if you do). Handy also to wear an apron, just in case of spills. We have available a special hand cleaner available for cleaning up, but you can also use soap and water or white vinegar to clean your hands if you prefer.
Mix this 'Bubble Free' Clear Epoxy Resin in the ratio: 2 parts Resin to 1 part Hardener by WEIGHT and can be cast up to 40 mm thick at one time? This one resin system will do from 1 mm right thru to 40 mm thick castings. For large volumes and using many litres of material at one time? Then there are another special resin available from us that have exactly the same properties but have a lower exothermal. Please contact the office for the details. Resins like our Deep Cast will cast from 40 mm min thickness right up to 120 mm thick, and our special River Table resin is made to cast from 30 mm min to 60 mm max with absolute clarity.
Freight is free to your door (see note on distant or remote areas)
This "Bubble Free' Clear Epoxy Resin we say is the best value high performing resin on the market because it can be used for so many applications
Please Note: As this product is a very pure epoxy. And it acts in a similar manner to just like pure honey (epoxies act similar to honey in that, during winter, honey is extremely thick and yet in summer, that same honey is very thin and runny). So to it is with epoxies. And just like pure honey which sometimes turns into sugar? Pure Epoxy resin can act in a similar way and develop crystals (usually in part A). This is not from faulty resin but common thought is that it is from the cyclic hot days and cold nights when stored. An easy fix is to heat the jugs up in very hot water (60 deg C) for about 30 mins and this will restore the resin to be perfectly clear. That heating is also a good thing to help remove air bubbles trapped in the epoxy due to transportation.
If I have to do a critical pour or application, as a tip, I heat the jugs up the day before the pour to 60 deg C by placing them in hot water and then let them cool down prior to the day of my pour. Additionally when mixing the two parts. I decant into the mixing container by pouring down the side of the container. All this effort is to try to limit any possible air bubbles that could ruin the finished product. Even when mixing, I use a wide rule and do not even take it off the bottom of the mixing container. Mixing is so important to get the best results and can take 3 to 5 mins. I like to use a flame torch to the finished product just after it has been poured (or to a lesser extent, one can use - Bubble Buster spray to achieve a similar result) to help remove any bubbles generated when mixing and to help them come to the surface.
We know that you will understand that the cost of freight to distant or remote areas in some cases is more expensive than the item itself. As such a surcharge for transport sometimes has to be applied to cover the long distances or remote areas of Queensland, NT and Western Australia and some other places. We will contact you if you are in one of these areas and advise of the surcharge and can even send you an invoice for this surcharge prior to sending the goods.
Shelf life of epoxies is well over 12 - 24 months.
Mixing Ratio 2 parts “A” Resin to 1 part “B” Hardener by WEIGHT. Max pour depth 40mm
Working time 45 mins at 25 deg C. Initial cure 12 hrs with full cure 3 days.
Coverage is approximately 250 grams (about 250mls) per sq. mt. per coat when coating, but when casting? Then this does not apply as it is the volume that you are casting